Mary: We all agree that Wang has been doing a goodjob for us making our watches, right?
Mary: What they are doing is selling in a market that we don't. They are selling to people thatwant the same name, quality and design, but don't want such high prices. So Wang just sellsthe watches at high enough prices to keep their heads above water.
Bob: That's right. But we already know that, Mary. I'm not sure what you're saying has anyrelevance here.
Mary: The answer is sitting right under your nose. If we ask Wang to sell cheaper watches forus, they won't really be knockoffs anymore. We can share the profits with them.
Dave: How can we sell our watches with two different prices?
Mary: People who buy the fake watches never buy the expensive ones. People who buy theexpensive ones don't buy the fake ones.
Bob: But won't our regular customers be angry if they find we're selling the same watches atmuch lower prices? Won't they know we're pulling the wool over their eyes?
Mary: We could use a different name that sounds almost the same, and change the designs alittle. Umm... nobody would know. Dave, wasn't there a German company that did this, aboutten years ago?
Dave: Hm. I can't really recall; I'll have to get back to you on that.
Mary: OK. Would anyone like to add anything to what I've said?
1. I'm not sure what you're saying has any relevance here.
2. I'm not sure if what you're saying has anything to do with our problem.
3. I'm not sure if what you're saying really matters in this case.
4. I'm not sure if what you're saying is relevant to our problem.
"relevance"是‘关联;适切’，词组用法为"have relevance to..."-‘与…有关’。这句话适用于正式场合，表示对方所言对议题并无意义。开头语由于是"I'm not sure"而不是"I don't think"，因此可避免直接对峙的场面。不过这句话易造成不是对就是错的局面，因此若对方辩护有效，自己会有全盘皆输的危险。
1. I can't really recall; I'll have to get back to you on that.
2. I can't quite remember; I'll need to do a little checking and get back to you.
3. I can't fully remember; I'll have to check up on it.
4. I can't recall all the facts; I'll have to get back to you.
"recall"是‘想起’;"get back to someone on something"的意思是‘下次再和某人谈某事’。这句型适用于想避而不答，以免不慎的回答落人口实之时。它能让对方不再把矛头指向你，使你有机会脱身，找时间准备数据，延长到下次再为自己答辩。
1. Would anyone like to add anything to (what I've said)?
2. Would anyone care to comment?
3. Would anyone like to give their ideas on this?
4. Would anyone care to add their thoughts (to the discussion)?
● More 邀询意见
What are your views on...?
What are your feelings about...?
What are your feelings on this?
What do you think about...?
What's your opinion about that?
Any reaction to that?
Has anybody any strong feelings about/ views on that?
What's the general view on/ feeling about that?
Has anybody any comments to make?
- 4怪异工作吸金多 盘点十大高薪不